How To Use Email Series To Increase Sales
Last week we talked about newsletter marketing, how it can benefit your business, and how to maximize efficiency. Today, we want to take things one step further, and talk about another form of using emails for marketing: Email Series.
What Is an Email Series?
Email Series is a series of pre-planned emails sent according to a predetermined mechanism we set for it. We can design an email series and specify all kinds of things: The message in every email, the time gap between them, the design, and whatnot. How to successfully use email series? Here is everything you need to know about it.
The Power Of Prolonged Marketing Exposure
Before diving into the best way to perform the email series, let’s first understand its rationale. If we will understand it, we will use this tool better. Think about the Coca-Cola branding as an example: everybody already knows Coca-Cola. Why bother advertising it so heavily?
The answer is that prolonged exposure has a powerful effect: we all have defense mechanisms in the back of our minds that makes us fear what we don’t know. Prolonged exposure helps diffuse these mechanisms and helps us feel acquainted with brands and marketing messages. The fundamental principle in email series is the same: sometimes several emails are more effective than one.
How Is It Done?
So, let’s say someone is browsing our website and adds himself to our newsletter mailing list. You might think, “Well, so we will send him a newsletter next week, right?”. However, we should view it from a broader perspective. When that person is engaging, that means he’s hot and ripe. It is a window of opportunity for us to let him get familiar with us. We will use an email series:
- The first email will congratulate him for joining our mailing list. We can also include a professional tip or two that he can implement.
- The second email will be sent the following day automatically. This time, we will try to get him to engage. Not necessarily make a purchase, but ask him to do something: read something, share something on social media, like our FB page, etc.
- The third email is the money email. It can’t be too quick after the first two, so he won’t feel like we’re pushing too hard. However, this time we will make him an offer exclusive to new customers on our mailing list: a special discount that is useful for the next 24 hours only.
Main Highlights In A Successful Email Series
- Provide Value: email series is all about creating trust between you and your respective clients. So don’t promise things that you can’t or won’t deliver: give good and useful information, guidance, tips, or whatever is suitable in that situation. Remember: people hate it when they feel pushed to buy too much. Talk to them the way you would have wanted people to talk to you.
- Design The Series As A Whole: If our email series includes three, four, or even five emails, it is imperative that we won’t think of each email as a separate message. We need to plan our overall strategy first and only then think of each email.
- It’s All About Quantities: don’t bombard your viewers. Each email should be well-spaced from the previous one. If we allow them to breathe, they might develop trust and consider becoming clients.
- Get Them To Engage: you don’t have to get them to buy in one of the emails. Just get them to engage in some way. Creating engagement increases the chance for conversions.
Email series is a powerful tool for online marketers. Use it, but use it wisely. Contact us at the bottom of the page if you want a proper marketing consultant.
Need help with creating content for emails, blog posts and event social media post? Use Hypotenuse.AI, one of the best AI Content Generator, click here for more info.